Cleansing Oils - The New Go-To!
Remember the days when we use product after product full of promises to rid your face of oil? Oil Free this and Oil Free that!?! Did you know that what you were doing was actually making things worse?
By using these products were were essentially stripping our skin of the natural oils that we produce. In turn, our bodies must compensate and produce even MORE oils. This leads to clogged pores and oily skin. Who wants that?!?
Using a cleansing oil to clean your skin will keep things in balance by not stripping and keeping your precious skin moisturized. You may find the idea of adding oil to your face a little daunting and downright wrong, but once you try this glorious method you will be hooked! I promise! The key is to choose the correct one for your skin type, as all oils have their properties and their place.
Here are some of the oils that we use, and a small snippet on why they are beneficial and chosen for our Cleansing Oils.
- Castor Oil is - An essential beginning to any cleansing Oil as is is astringent and extremely cleansing. It speeds up healing, is antimicrobial and moisturizing.
- Grapeseed Oil - High levels of vitamin E, and works well to treat acne, stretch marks and restore collagen. The anti-inflammatory benefits will also assist by calming angry skin. The linoleum access can also help with eczema.
- Jojoba Oil - Rating a zero on the comedogenic scale this oil is wonderful for acne prone and oily skin because it won't clog your pores. That along with the antibacterial properties is essential for acne prone skin. Vitamin A and e all assist with acne. It is the closest match to actual sebum of the skin.
- Argan Oil - Also a zero on the comedogenic scale, with high vitamin e content is moisturizes and nourishes all skin types. It is often thought of a a miracle oil with good reason.
- Macadamia Nut Oil - high in vitamins and fatty acids, with the linoleum acid balancing the natural sebum production. Palmitoleic acid helps heal wounds and scratches.
- Sweet Almond Oil - works well by loosening dirt and oils for face while imparting high levels of Vitamin A. It has a comedogenic rating of 2, so it is vert unlikely to clog your pores. It works best for dry skin.
There are a plethora of other oils to pick from to cleanse your face, and at Pinch we have put together our favourites into our Cleansing Oil line.